We welcome your food donations and are often asked what we need most. A list of most needed non-perishable items is below, along with drop-off locations.
- Large cans/containers of juice
- Fruit cups and juice boxes (size suitable for school/camp lunches)
- Canned flaked meat (chicken, ham, or turkey)
- Canned carrots, canned green & yellow beans
- Canned salmon
Please note: We do not accept home preserves, homemade baked goods, or other homemade dishes.
Over the summer months we are Collecting school supplies for our Back-to-School Program taking place the end of August.
The most needed school supplies are:
Math Sets, Combination Locks, 1.5-2” Binders, Pencil Cases, Safety Scissors, Computer Paper, Scientific Calculators, Lunch Kits, Backpacks, Page Dividers, USB Memory Sticks, White Erasers, White Out/Liquid Paper.
Our DROP-OFF Locations
You may drop off non-perishable food at any of the following grocery stores, or at our Kanata Food Cupboard warehouse. The following grocers have donation bins with our signage at the entrance/exit areas:
- Real Canadian Superstore (Eagleson Road)
- Laura’s Your Independent Grocer (Hazeldean Mall)
- Sobeys (Terry Fox at Hazeldean Road)
- Food Basics (on Katimavik)
- Loblaws (Kanata Centrum)
- Metro (March Road at Carling Ave)
- Sobeys (March Road and Klondike)
Our Kanata Food Cupboard Warehouse is located at 340 Legget Drive (alongside the Calian building). You may drop off food during our regular office hours, which are Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
We love fresh food donations! Please contact us to ensure we have the capacity to properly store perishables at the time of your donation.